At GOGO Boilers we always endeavour to protect your privacy and take the necessary steps to ensure we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We’ll always do everything in our power to ensure your data is kept secure and we will never share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. We will make sure to only contact you via the contact methods you have provided us for legitimate business interests examples: booking acknowledgments, confirmations, receipts, invoices, service reminders and engineer tracking. We may on very rare occasions send you goodwill messages at certain times of year (such as a Christmas card) but we will not use your data to try and sell or promote any products or services that you are not already subscribed to. We will never actively seek you or your personal information, but only take information that is volunteered to us by you via any of our communication methods including [but not limited to] our website, telephone, app, e-mail, postal letter or via a third party through which you have sought our services.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data or use information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with your use of our websites or our services.
Our primary services are in the installation, maintenance and repair of heating systems. We have a large customer base which we must make every effort to maintain records for. These records include personal contact details as well as historical information of works we have carried out. As a user of our services you should expect that we will keep, process and secure your personal information and using appropriate technical means. This will include reviewing information that you have supplied to us, to enforce continued accuracy and accountability, privacy notice reviews with regards to the suppliers that we use to provide for our service, updates to security protocols, and all practical and generally accepted good business and housekeeping processes.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
You may provide information by contacting us via our website, e-mail, telephone, social media, letter, third party or otherwise. We will only act upon information that is volunteered to us in this regard. Information may also be provided to us by a third party and/or collected from public records in the case of fraud or suspected fraud. In the case of fraud or suspected fraud, we may obtain information from third parties and from public records to prevent and detect fraud.
To perform our contract with you, we will use your information:
- to communicate with you
- to create records of bookings and to send you booking acknowledgments, confirmations, receipts, invoices and reminders
- to maintain records our job history and associated transactions
- to maintain records of payments and invoicing
- To share reviews and feedback on our website
- for legitimate business purposes as part of an ongoing transaction, for example to register your boiler with Gas Safe on your behalf, or to share your details with your boiler manufacturer in order to register your warranty/guarantee on your behalf.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your information:
- to detect and prevent fraud and crime
- for reporting and data analysis purposes
- to administer our Service Club scheme
- for insurance purposes;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by governing bodies within the plumbing & heating industry
- to meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback
- to monitor and assess the quality of our service
- to pass on feedback such as ratings or compliments about our engineers
- to contact you via our website, telephone, app, e-mail or postal letter
- to identify our users
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to generate statistical information about our user base (no individual users will be identifiable from that information)
- for technical usage information
We may monitor and record communications with you (including telephone conversations and e-mails) for quality assurance, legal, regulatory and training purposes.
Who else may access your data?
We would never sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. We share your information with carefully selected recipients for legitimate business purposes. These categories of recipients include
- cloud storage providers located in the UK to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the websites
- payment merchants which store your personal data for the purpose of processing payments
- IT support service providers who support and maintain our software and have access working on a secure server
- our insurance company and claims handling companies, for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims.
- Suppliers for the purpose of delivering goods ordered through us to your property
- Manufacturers for the purpose of registering your warranty/guarantee pertaining to an appliance we have installed
- Governing bodies within the plumbing and heating industry, for example Gas Safe.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary.
If you have provided your information to us in order to carry out works for you we will retain your information on our secure database in case any circumstances arise in the future under which we need to contact you or recover details of works we have carried out regarding any reminders, disputes or historical job details, for example. Should you not have had any works carried out by us, you have the right to erasure and we will delete any information about you from our records (known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) upon your request to our Data Controller.
You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage. In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered). You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons, where we are required by law to retain your personal data or where we feel the information is critical for any legitimate interest.
Complaints and queries
At GOGO Boilers we strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with a common-sense approach in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of GOGO Boilers collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed at your request. Should you have any issues or concerns around the way in which we handle your data, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Data Controller by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and addressing the e-mail to the Data Controller.
Alternatively you can write to us at:
344 Footscray Road
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and will update it as and when any notable changes are made. This privacy notice was last updated on 30/11/2019